Wednesday, July 9, 2008

This is an image from earlier this summer on canson black 18 x 25


Finished the image below today - tried to do a looser more abstract version of lotus leaves and flowers compared to the work I put in yesterdays blog-I like the effect-I am trying to move away from the need to copy an image faithfully-and use values, color, to get an image that is equally if not more satisfying. this is on pastel board -not sure of the size but about 17 x 24. Started a landscape that I plan to work in a more monocromatic limited palette-Did a small study on wallis and I have drawn out the image on the larger page! Ready to go tomorrow with the underpainting and then pastel.


I also have several other works I have completed so far this summer:


I have been experimenting with underpainting-this is the first layer of nupastel which i fixed and then worked with the softer pastels in the final version-it gives you a chance to think about color and value and then it is easy to follow with the true colors. :

1 comment:

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi,

These look great.
I especially like the flower on black Canson. It's really good.

Kind regards,

José